Campground and Cabins Fully booked until October 2021
We are not currently taking any summer 2021 bookings.
COVID 19 Level 2
Relax and enjoy our thermal mineral hot pools.
We have put some restrictions in place to comply with Level 2 guidelines for the safety and enjoyment of all pool users.
- Please do not visit if you are feeling unwell or have any cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Please sign in on arrival using the Covid-19 app to scan the QR code alternatively you may complete the paper register at the counter.
- We are limiting numbers at our facility to 50 people.
- Individual group numbers will be limited to 15 people.
- Please maintain social distancing of 1-2 metres.
- Limit your time at the pools to a maximum of 2 hours.
- Please limit your time in the changing rooms by coming dressed in a robe if possible.
- Show kindness and consideration to others.
- Please phone ahead to check if we have space available. We ask you to wait in your vehicle if necesssary. Ph 07 544 2327
Escape to our Campground.
- Choose from a camping lot, or a cabin with comfortable beds included
- Enjoy affordable accommodation in Tauranga with stunning surroundings
- A safe and relaxing place to stay with the family
- Escape the city and unwind in a quiet, rural setting
When camping with us, you’ll enjoy access to the thermal hot mineral pools at no extra charge.
SORRY NO VACANCY
Cabins and Campground are fully booked until October 2021
Welcome to Welcome Bay!
While our hot pools and tourist park are in a rural setting, there are plenty of great activities and attractions in the area!
Some of the best walking and biking tracks in Tauranga are only a stone's throw away, and the Welcome Bay shops are also within easy walking distance.
Our Park is Family Owned and Family Focused
The Welcome Bay Hot Pools and Campground is a family owned and operated swimming pool complex and camping ground situated on the outskirts of Tauranga, close to Papamoa and Mount Maunganui in the beautiful Bay of Plenty: one of New Zealand’s favourite holiday destinations.
Your hosts Fraser Berkett and Chris MacKay have enjoyed operating Welcome Bay Hot Pools and Campground for several years now, and live on-site with their family. They take pride in offering guests a friendly family atmosphere and they always go the extra mile to provide a safe and comfortable environment.
There are plenty of great activities and attractions in the area, including some of the best walking and biking tracks in Tauranga. The Welcome Bay shops are also within easy walking distance.
It’s important to them that all guests can enjoy a quiet and comfortable stay. The Welcome Bay Hot Pools and Campground is set in a peaceful natural environment, where the sounds of native birds abound. Stay at this lovely boutique campground and soak in the natural mineral pools, bringing you back to nature and tranquility.