Pools open Thursday to Sunday 12 -8pm
Campground and Cabins available to book via email
fill out the Contact us form please.
Relax and enjoy our thermal mineral hot pools.
- Bring the family for a swim and a barbeque
- Host a fun and memorable children's birthday party
- Recuperate with a healing soak
- Spend the evening unwinding in a picturesque rural setting
We offer a peaceful and relaxed family friendly environment with clean facilities.
Escape to our Campground.
- Choose from a powered site, or a cabin with comfortable beds and linen included using camp bathroom and kitchen facilities.
- Enjoy affordable accommodation in Tauranga with stunning surroundings
- A safe and relaxing place to stay with the family
- Escape the city and unwind in a quiet, rural setting
When camping with us, you’ll enjoy access to the thermal hot mineral pools at no extra charge.
Welcome to Welcome Bay!
While our hot pools and tourist park are in a rural setting, there are plenty of great activities and attractions in the area!
Some of the best walking and biking tracks in Tauranga are only a stone's throw away, and the Welcome Bay shops are also within easy walking distance.
Our Park is Family Owned and Family Focused
The Welcome Bay Hot Pools and Campground is a family owned and operated swimming pool complex and camping ground situated on the outskirts of Tauranga, close to Papamoa and Mount Maunganui in the beautiful Bay of Plenty: one of New Zealand’s favourite holiday destinations.
Your hosts Fraser Berkett and Chris MacKay have enjoyed operating Welcome Bay Hot Pools and Campground for several years now, and live on-site with their family. They take pride in offering guests a friendly family atmosphere and they always go the extra mile to provide a safe and comfortable environment.
There are plenty of great activities and attractions in the area, including some of the best walking and biking tracks in Tauranga.
It’s important to them that all guests can enjoy a quiet and comfortable stay. We ask that camp bookings are restricted to a maximum of 6 persons. The Welcome Bay Hot Pools and Campground is set in a peaceful natural environment, where the sounds of native birds abound. Stay at this lovely boutique campground and soak in the natural mineral pools, bringing you back to nature and tranquility.